Summer has arrived!
I don’t know about you, but that makes me really happy this year. As I think about all we have experienced the past few months, I look forward to being outside with family and friends as much as possible in the weeks to come.
Gatherings are to be no more than 12 people, but we can have up to 125 people if gathering in protest. Anyone want to come to my backyard for a protest gathering? I’ll be grilling turkey burgers, chicken and fresh vegetables; please bring a dish to share! This fabulous idea was shared on social media, and it made me think of good old-fashioned summertime fun and good vibrations.
“Good, good, good, good vibrations…gotta keep those good vibrations a-happenin’…I’m pickin’ up good vibrations”
Yes, it’s time for pickin’ up some good vibrations. While the Beach Boys had an immediate hit topping the charts in both the US and UK in 1966, good vibrations are more than just music. It is a song that makes people dance and sing and smile and simply let go for three and a half minutes because of the harmony and energy it exudes. But good vibrations are truly a game changer when it comes to self-care practices for your wellness.
Let the good vibes roll!
Yes, that’s what summer should be about; good vibes. It’s also what your health and wellness should be about – the good vibes of energy, vibration and frequency.
The human body is made up of cells, bones, muscles, and energy. You understand cells, bones and muscles because they are physical things you were taught in science class. It has only been in the last few decades that the unseen energy of the body – the vibration and frequency at which you live your life – has begun to come into more focus.
Energy plays a big role in your health and wellness. Absolutely everything is energy, and all things in the universe are in constant motion; even objects that appear to be stationary are in fact vibrating. Vibrations refer to the oscillating movement of atoms and particles caused by energy, which is known as your vibrational frequency. Frequency is the rate at which vibrations occur, and everything – I do mean everything! – has a frequency. The faster the vibration, the higher the frequency. Understanding how your vibrational frequencies interact with each other can make all the difference in taking control of your health and wellness.
How do energy, vibration and frequency affect your well-being?
Researcher Bruce Tainio found that a healthy body resonates at a frequency of 62-70 MHz, and when your frequency drops to 58 MHz disease begins. When you are faced with environmental and physiological factors, your immune system becomes compromised and your frequency drops. That’s when opportunistic bacteria and viruses which have low frequencies are able to attack your body and make you more susceptible to disease.
Pretty much at the onset of coronavirus mandatory closings, my husband Dr. Jerry tested positive for covid19; I, in turn, was presumptively positive. At first, we were shocked; but then it soon made perfect sense. During the first two weeks of the month, we had a lot of stress in our lives, and even though we took care of ourselves, the high stress impacted our immune systems lowering our vibrational frequencies; we were susceptible. Thankfully, because we do follow a chiropractic healthy lifestyle, take daily supplements, exercise and more, we were both feeling 100% better within ten days.
High stress equals lower vibrational frequencies. In fact, when your body is in low frequency it is headed for illness and disease, but when it is in high frequency it is headed for health and vitality. There is a simple, informative evaluation called Heart Rate Variability (HRV) that can help you understand your internal state of well-being as it tells you how well you are managing stress or more likely how well stress is handling you. It really is fascinating, and it’s been the gold standard in the medical community for more than 50 years.
How do you maintain a high vibrational frequency?
Hopefully you are beginning to see how vibrational frequencies interact with each other and impact your health and wellness. Ideally, you want to be a high vibrational being; this is where you find optimal function of the mind/body/spirit connection and where you live your most vibrant life.
Think about the things you come in contact with every day – the foods you eat, what you listen to, your thoughts, the activities you do, etc. Each of these things has their own vibrational frequency, and when you come into close proximity to them they affect your energy field. You sync up with the vibrational frequencies you encounter throughout the day; it’s called spontaneous self-organization.
The good news is you can raise and maintain a higher vibrational frequency simply by making changes to your lifestyle. Here are a few things to consider.
- Think positive! Your thoughts are vibrations too, so by reframing your perception into something more positive, you raise your vibration. Cut out toxic, low-vibrational people and thoughts that make you or your thoughts turn negative, and see how much different things look.
- Be grateful! Giving gratitude for everything in your life raises your vibration and energy. Take stock of what you have, and be grateful. Offer thanks to those who help you even in small ways, like the person who makes deliveries to your house or clerk at the grocery store. In all things just give thanks.
- Eat whole foods! Nature produces foods that are good for us so eat more of them and often. Fresh foods without preservatives are best for a whole host of reasons. Check out the local farmers’ markets, and when you are in the grocery store be sure to buy organic whenever possible. You should also shop the perimeter of the store and skip going down the aisles where the processed foods are. Remember, food is fuel for the body.
- Sleep! Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night is important for the body to rejuvenate and heal. In fact, getting ample sleep each night helps raise your vibrational frequency and strengthen your immune system. Sleep is an important part of the body’s ability to heal itself.
- Drink water! Your body is made up of mostly water so as you live life, be sure to replenish the stores. Ample water intake every day helps your body function properly, keeps your skin supple and firm, helps your digestion, and so much more. Hydrate with clean, fresh pure water every day.
- Ground yourself! Just like a cell phone needs to be recharged periodically, so does your body. Grounding is simply connecting with the earth so your body can draw energy and recharge. It’s as simple as walking barefoot in the grass or the shoreline or even playing in the dirt!
- Be present! Mindfulness is all about being present in the moment with the people around you. Put down the devices and connect with those you love. Listen intently. Speak softly. Love lavishly. Laugh lustily. Breathe deeply. Just be present.
- Move! Movement helps the overall function of your body, and moving with intention every day is important to wellness. I challenge you to take five minutes every day and dance to a happy, upbeat song. I guarantee it will raise your vibrational frequency!
Energy, vibration and frequency go hand-in-hand with your well-being. Your self-care practices should include things that raise your frequency and help you maintain that state. I’d love to hear what you’re doing to raise and maintain your vibrational frequency and keep your energy field healthy.
Until next time, let the good vibes roll and be well…