We hear a lot about Work-Life Balance,
the much sought-after and elusive balance that seems to be code for ‘doing what I want when I want’ among a certain generation. But balance is important whether it be the juggle between work and home or in finding moderation in what we consume.
But, for today, think about how your hormones need balance. All those other things hinge on how well we balance our metabolism, immune system, digestion and even our moods. All of these are hormonally regulated.
How can we balance our hormones so that we have fewer mood swings, fewer ‘down’ days, fewer quarts of ice cream in front of the TV? And will this balance offer a bit of stress relief?
Exploring your options for hormonal support is an important step in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We know that hormones play an important role in regulating many processes in the body, including metabolism, digestion, immune system, and even our moods. When hormones are out of balance, we experience a variety of unpleasant symptoms like fatigue, weight gain, depression, and anxiety.
By intentionally including hormonal support in your daily regimen, you can restore and retain balance while improving your overall wellness. Through natural remedies such as activities and well-chosen foods and supplements, you’ll boost your body’s own hormone production while supporting its optimal hormone balance.
Here’s our list of top 5 hormone-regulating, mood sustaining, digestion-easing practices:
- Essential Oils: Whether diffused in your room, rolled on your wrist or ingested as a caplet, certain essential oils are credited with a feeling of calm—such as Serenity®, Balance® and Adaptiv® Blends from our DoTerra line of pure essential oils.
- Supplements: A balanced diet certainly offers balance in your life, but when real-life is out of balance, we need to supplement our food sources with Doterra’s Life Long Vitality system of minerals, vitamins and omegas.
- Intentional Stress-Reduction: Mindfulness practices like meditation and journaling can help get you back on track when you feel stressed, overwhelmed or anxious. Our BrainTap™ system offers targeted-topic meditation sessions that run from 10 to 35 minutes to fit into any schedule.
- Food Choices: Speaking of balance, we need to ingest a balance of proteins, carbs and fats to keep our hormones in tune. Protein will influence the release of hormones that control your appetite. Complex, hi-fiber carbs help stabilize blood sugar and reduce cortisol levels. And consuming healthy fat at meals can help you feel satisfied.
- Activities/Nature/Community: Walking outdoors on a refreshing brisk autumn morning or taking in a late-evening summer sunset does wonders for re-booting your mood, stepping up your blood flow, and connection to others. Even if you walk alone, you’ll greet others who are out enjoying nature, too. Connecting with other people has been shown to lift spirits and reduce anxiety, which in turn leads to lower cortisol levels.
There is a lot to know about nutrition and wellness.
In fact, our on-site health coach can walk you through determining where to begin, how to incorporate balancing practices into your current lifestyle, and maybe even home in on exactly which specific practices will offer you effective, measurable results.
With informed advice, encouragement and a personalized plan you can enjoy a healthful, peace-filled, balanced lifestyle.